Friday, May 31, 2013

Din Tai Fung, Sydney

Hiiiii!

I decided to give myself a reward, and a little break from uni, before final exams start (and cause I was having the munchies for dumplings!). I went with a mate to Starbucks for a green tea latte to start off the day. We then headed off to Din Tai Fung at World Square for brunch before the lunch rush. As soon as I was seated, the staff had placed a carrier next to me, advising me that I could place my bag inside. The bags were then covered with a red cloth to prevent any food spilling. I thought it was pretty nifty having my bag seated next to me at waist level rather than it being placed on the floor. We then proceed to order: Hot and Sour Soup, Xiao Long Bao, Crab and Pork Dumplings, Prawn and Pork Wonton Noodles served with Spicy Sauce, and Golden Lava Bun for dessert.

Hot and Sour Soup (small) - $5.80
The soup is as the name suggests - hot and sour. I'm not someone who can tolerate chilli foods well but I did find it a little chilli and as I kept eating, I did start to find it more chilli. There were pieces of tofu which I actually thought were little chunks of noodles haha. Would I order it again? Most likely.

Xiao Long Bao (6 pcs) - $10.80
The dumplings were de-licious! The soup inside was amazing and so was the flavour! The only criticism about this would be the SIZE. They were seriously small, I expected them to be larger. Notice that there was a piece of garlic placed for differentiation.

Crab and Pork Dumplings (6 pcs) - $17.80
These dumplings had a similar taste to prawn har gow. Was equally delicious as the Xiao Long Bao (Pork dumplings) :)

We also had ordered the Prawn and Pork Wonton Noodles with Spicy Sauce but I forgot to take a picture! But it looks like this :D It does get more spicy as you keep eating it!

Finally to end our meal, we ordered the Golden Lava Buns. They were honestly amazing! You wouldn't believe the smile I had on my face while I was eating it haha! These buns were sweeter and more runny than the ones you would find at Iron Chef Chinese Restaurant @ Cabramatta however the sizes of their buns are much larger than Din Tai Fung and appear yellow.

Golden Lava Buns (3 pcs) - $6

Inside the Golden Lava Bun
It is a lot more gooey than it seems!

Overall, the food was great. The staff were very friendly and were constantly on alert for empty plates, and a great atmosphere. The restaurant does get crowded pretty fast so if possible, arrive early to avoid the lunch rush!


Din Tai Fung @ World Square
LEVEL 1, SHOP 11.04
644 GEORGE STREET
SYDNEY NSW 2000
PH: (02) 9264 6010
Lunch
Mon-Fri: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sat & Sun: 11:00am - 3:00pm

Dinner
Mon-Wed: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Thu & Fri: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm


Tam x


No comments:

Post a Comment